Monday, January 21, 2013

Poppy Thank You

Happy Monday!  I missed last week's deadline entry for the Dynamic Duo's green/yellow challenge.  I had an hour before the deadline and I was going to race and take a picture, edit, post to blog, enter challenge and then I thought........REALLY?  All for a challenge?  Perspective Maria.......perspective!

So....a few days late...here's the card anyway!
I LOVE this Lulu with Poppies! One of my FAVORITE Stamping Bella images!  This time I colored her with Distress Markers and I really have to admit........I still don't LOVE these markers!  I feel I get better watercoloring with the Distress Ink Pads. Oh well!

I embossed a Nestie die on the green layer and then layed the die cut layer on top! I really like this look!  I added a few gems and a Hero Arts sentiment.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Thanks for your visit!

10 comments:

Monica said...

She is lovely... super colouring inspite of the distress markers not being an enjoyable experience.
Sorry that I haven't been able to post the info on my blog. Will do so soon.
Monica xxx

craftieodmae said...

very pretty, love the flowers!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an amazing image so beautifully colored, Maria!! Your card is exquisite!!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous and love the green and yellow combo!
Lynn

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, this is gorgeous, Maria! That image is adorable, and I love your coloring. Fabulous design with the embossed label, die cut, and gems, too!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So sweet and beautiful! Love the embossed die - such a great touch!

Greta said...

Love the embossed Nestie with the matching die cut & I think your coloring looks great! I'm glad to hear someone else has come to the same conclusion when a challenge deadline is coming too fast!

Amanda R said...

One of my fav images too. I have never tried the markers or distress inks for that matter so I am impressed you can do such beautiful work with so many different mediums. Go you!

JD/ Jill said...

Very cute card! Very nicely done!

Cheryl said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love the colors... and your coloring is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails